Dream Big (formerly Come Out Children’s Festival ) is gearing up to kick off in Adelaide 18 – 27th May with the Big Family weekend 18 – 21st May.
Dream Big is the new name for a well loved festival and offers South Australian children a vast array of live art and participation experiences from the best arts from Australia and around the world. Festival highlights include Dream Big Singing Opening Event, award winning Listies in their interactive work about going to the movies, dynamic physical theatre piece from the Netherlands Tetris .
ASSITEJ 2017 Youth Arts Leadership Delegation
The Australia Council has announced the participants of the leadership delegation to ASSITEJ 2017 in Cape Town, South Africa in May:
– Stacey Baldwin, General Manager/Producer, Slingsby
– Lilla Berry, Project Officer Arts Programs, Carclew
– Fraser Corfield, Artistic Director, Australian Theatre for Young People
– Hannah Grant, Director Socially Engaged Programs, Shopfront
– Michelle Hovane, Co-Artistic Director, Sensorium Theatre
– Nicholas Paine, Executive Producer, Dead Puppet Society.
They will be joining ASSITEJ Australia representative Sue Giles, Polyglot Theatre and Australia Council staff.
- Stacey Baldwin joins Slingsby as their new General Manager/ Producer
- Creative arts hub The Mill welcomes Tim Watts into the role of General Manager and offers a great resource to independent artists from a range of disciplines.
- In Patch Theatre’s ongoing commitment to sector and artist development, the company has engaged Tim Overton as Artistic Associate for 2017. Tim will participate in the creative developments of new works, working directly with Artistic Director Naomi Edwards while developing his skills in artistic leadership.