TNA is proud to announce the TNA SMASH Bursary for Independents.
Awarded annually to one recipient per year from 2018 to 2022, the bursary is open to Australian-based Independent Artists or Producers to recognise existing and potential contribution to the sector. TNA acknowledges that these vital contributions are often a result of many unpaid hours engaging with the broader performing arts sector.
Designed in honour of TNA founding board members Simon Abrahams (Chair) and Alice Nash (Deputy Chair), this bursary encourages and enables a break-through independent artist or producer to continue adding their voice to the Australian performing arts sector.
You may nominate yourself, or nominate an independent who you think exemplifies the eligibility criteria.
To the value of $500, the bursary includes:
– Membership to TNA ($33)
– Attendance at the Victorian Theatre Forum ($25) or the next Australian Theatre Forum (in 2017 – $120);
– Remaining allowance to be used for entry tickets, travel, professional development etc;
– Access (if desired) to Simon Abrahams and Alice Nash as informal mentors.
– Professional performing artist or producer, currently working primarily as an independent. (i.e. not in a full-time salaried position).
– Demonstrates a commitment to strengthening the performing arts sector, and shows potential to contribute further.
– Understands or has personal experience of demographic diversity;
– Self identifies as being in need of financial support.
Current students or recent graduates are not eligible for the SMASH bursary, unless they have a recognised body of work outside of their educational institution.
Nomination Deadline: AEST 5pm, Friday 13 April 2018.
The Bursary has been made possible through donations by Jill Smith and Nicole Beyer.