With a state election on 27 November, TNV is gathering 100 people from the theatre sector in Victoria (and a few from across Australia), to discuss issues that are important to us today and to help each other articulate a vision for tomorrow.
WHEN: 1.30 – 5.30 pm Thursday 16 Sept 2010
WHERE: Lawler Studio, Melbourne Theatre Company, 140 Southbank Blvd, Southbank
We want delegates to tell us a big (or little) issue that affects the theatre sector, when they register, so we can curate 20 x 3-minute ‘pitches’ for our Vision Setting session.
The meeting is by invitation only, but if you are a professional theatre maker based in Victoria and you would like to attend, please email email@example.com with your details and a short biography.
We are charging a nominal $23 per person, to cover costs. Afternoon tea is provided.
Program Details include:
* An update from the Australian Theatre Forum Committee,
* An update from the Theatre Board of the Australia Council,
* An update about Theatre Network Victoria (and other networks around Australia),
* Two ‘pitch’ sessions, where a curated program of ten 3-minute pitches are followed by small group discussions (at tables of 5-6) to flesh out the idea(s),
* Afternoon tea and networking,
* At 5.30, a cash bar at the MTC Script Bistro Bar will be open, for delegates to mingle with APACA/Long Paddock delegates.