Now in its fourth year, The 2013 Victorian Theatre Meeting is set to be another major event in the Victorian arts calendar.
Last year’s full day program was such a success that we’ve decided to continue this format when we head to Arts Centre Melbourne to discuss the hot topics. Broken into two sessions, the morning will give independent theatre makers the opportunity to meet and discuss a number of pertinent topics as raised by the sector in a mini Open Space session. Independent theatre makers will then be joined for lunch by funded companies, government representatives and other interested individuals before enjoying an afternoon of an issues-pitching session, briefings from key sector representatives and updates on specific topics of interest.
At the time of registration, attendees will be invited to submit a few lines about an issue affecting the Victorian theatre sector that they would like to see discussed. TNV will then select a number of these submissions to be discussed throughout the day. And after a day of exciting debate and inspiration, we invite all delegates to stay for a drink to continue the conversations.
10:00AM – Morning Session (Independents only)
Networking Picnic for Independent artists on The Wave lawn followed by report backs and round-table discussions.
12:30AM – Lunch (Independents and Companies)
1:15PM – Afternoon Session (Independents and Companies)
– Nicole Beyer [Theatre Network Victoria – Director]: ATF report back [including A&TSI best practice model]
– Angharad Wynne-Jones [Arts House – Creative Producer]: 2013 TippingPoint Australia Forum update
– Veronica Pardo [Access Arts Victoria – Executive Director]: Beyond Tolerance: Disability, Advocacy and the Arts public forum
– Viv Rosman [Griffin Theatre Company, Sydney – Deputy General Manager & Committee member Theatre Network NSW]: Cultural Leadership program update
– Fiona Menzies [Creative Partnerships Australia – CEO]: Creative Partnerships Australia update
– David Everist [Program Manager, Arts Organisations – Australia Council for the Arts]: Australia Council update
Followed by Question time
“The necessity for change?”
Facilitated by Sarah Austin [Artistic Director – St Martins Youth Arts Centre], panel members include: Marion Potts [Malthouse Theatre – Artistic Director & CEO], Sue Giles [Polyglot – Artistic Director], Michael Williams [The Wheeler Centre – Director], Kate Sulan [Rawcus AD & Next Wave board member], Jude Anderson [Punctum Artistic Director]
Followed by Question time
Issue provocations by delegates followed by table discussions and report backs.
5:00PM-6:00PM – DRINKS
12.30pm – 5pm, Thursday 19th September 2013.
ANZ Pavilion, Arts Centre Melbourne, 100 St Kilda Rd, Melbourne, Victoria
COST [Includes Lunch]:
$25 Independent Theatre Makers
$45 Funded Organisations, Govt Bodies / Other.
Proudly presented by Theatre Network Victoria in association with Arts Centre Melbourne.