The Victorian Independent Producers Initiative (VIPI) is a Victorian Government initiative program designed to support independent producers and, through them, independent artists and companies in the performing arts, based in Victoria. This initiative has been designed in consultation with the independent producing sector, independent artists and other key stakeholders across the Victorian creative industries.
VIPI is made up of three core components:
– The Producers Mentorship Program: an initiative that will see Victorian-based, early career/ mid-career independent producers undertake a tailored and paid mentorship program.
– The Unlocking Capacity Grant: a multi-year grant of up to $35,000 per annum for up to three years. This grant is for Victorian-based independent producers of performing arts who have a minimum three years of experience and who are dedicating at least 50% of their time to independent producing practice.
– The Salon Series: Professional development sessions, networking and peer learning for the independent performing arts sector, which will respond to the most urgent skills and conversations that the sector needs.
VIPI will have a focus on developing the skills of producers who identify as First Peoples, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse people, People of Colour, people with disabilities, as well as those based in regional Victoria.
Curious to know more? Not sure if this program is for you? Come and ask me these questions in person at any of the following info sessions:
- Wed 20 Nov, 12:30pm – 2pm at Theatre Network Australia, Southbank (AUSLAN interpreted).
- Tue 26 Nov, 6pm – 7:30pm at Bunjil Place, Narre Warren. (Participation via Zoom available.)
- Wed 27 Nov, 6pm – 7:30pm at Brunswick Mechanics Institute, Brunswick.
- Tue 03 Dec, 1.30pm – 3.30pm, St Albans Community Centre, St Albans.
Note: We plan to hold one regional Info Session. If you are based regionally, please reach out if you would like us to host a VIPI Info Session where you are.
Please RSVP by 5pm, Wednesday 13 November outlining any access needs or dietary requirements. (There will be food at each session!)
Registrations have now closed.