As part of the planning for the 6th ATF, Theatre Network Australia (TNA) undertook a review with Andrew Bleby in 2017 and 2018. Overall, we determined that we need to be very clear about who the ATF is for and what it provides them. We will:
- Keep the focus on artists (55% of ATF attendees are artists);
- Keep the focus on ensuring diversity – over half of the attendees identify as diverse: either First Nations, from a CaLD background, as a person with a disability, LGBTIQ+, and/or Regional/Remote;
- Continue the successful Independent EOI strategy;
- Continue to prioritise new voices – around 65% first-timers means true sector development, plus some oldies for continuity!;
- Continue to have no more than 25% producers, and 20% ‘supporters’ (presenters, peaks, govt reps, academics);
- Address problems around uneven facilitation skills;
- Restructure the model in response to sector changes.