Latest Update: Unlocking Capacity Round 2 grant information is now online.
Round 2 will open on 20 August 2020 and close on 17 September 2020, at 5pm AEST.
Please find more information, here.
Please find the Frequently Asked Questions, here.
Please find the Unlocking Capacity guidelines on the Creative Victoria website.
The Victorian Independent Producers Initiative (VIPI) supports independent producers, and through them, independent artists and companies in the performing arts, based in Victoria.
This initiative has been designed in consultation with the Victorian independent performing arts sector, specifically independent producers, with input from other key stakeholders across the Victorian creative industries.
VIPI is an initiative of the Victorian Government through Creative Victoria, delivered in partnership with Theatre Network Australia.
Through supporting independent producers, this initiative aims to:
- Improve career and development opportunities for independent producers to increase their numbers and capacities, and the sustainability of independent producing practices;
- Increase the number of Victorian-based independent artists and companies who are working with independent producers;
- Improve the sustainable practice of Victorian-based independent artists and companies, locally and globally;
- Build the diversity of independent producers working in Victoria, both the diversity of representation (e.g. First Peoples, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse people, People of Colour, Deaf and Disabled and people based regionally) and the diversity of practice / curation;
- Increase the reputation of Victoria and Victorian producers – internationally and nationally; and
- Increase the amount of work represented by Victorian producers through market development opportunities
WHAT IS AVAILABLE
VIPI is made up of three core components:
- The Producers Mentorship Program
The Producers Mentorship Program suits people who already have some producing experience in the performing arts and want to be part of a group learning environment to explore new models of independent producing. Round 2 is a 12-month program from August 2020 – August 2021, for up to 8 individual independent producers. There will be bespoke relationships in pairs or small groups, along with monthly group sessions with all participants.
- The Unlocking Capacity Grant
A multi-year grant of up to $35,000 per annum for a maximum of three years for independent producers of performing arts who have a minimum three years of experience and who dedicate at least 50% of their time to their independent producing practice. Noting the significant impacts the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic has had, applicants can apply based on their work history pre-pandemic. Recipients will need to demonstrate how the grant will support their independent producing practice and provide professional support of Victorian-based independent artists and independent companies.
- The Salon Series
The Salon Series will bring together groups of people already involved in VIPI and provide an access point to VIPI for those outside of the program. The Salon Series will include professional development sessions, networking and peer learning for the independent performing arts sector. The series will respond to the most urgent skill requirements and provide a forum for conversations that the sector needs to be engaging in.
The initiative aligns closely with Creative State – Victoria’s First Strategy for the Creative Industries, in further increasing State Government support and investment in the independent creative sector.
STILL HAVE QUESTIONS?